With about a week to get all the holiday prep done it is around this time the Christmas stress starts to kick in- What presents to buy for friends and family through to what to cook on the day! So I have came up with the perfect breakfast recipe to kick start the day in the right way!
Who doesn’t love a good stack of pancakes in the morning?! (or any time of the day am I right?) These babies are cruelty-free, tasty and easy to make, you could even make them the night before and whip up some toppings in the morning. You will need the energy for the busy day ahead opening presents left by Santa and binge eating amazing food while having family time around the fire!
Below is the easy-peasy 10 ingredient recipe for the most Christmassy pancakes you will ever try!
Easy Christmas Pancakes
Easy fluffy & dairy-free Christmas tasting pancakes topped with strawberry soy yogurt, perfect for those cold winter mornings.
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground allspice
- 1 tsp. of flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of plant milk [I used oat milk]
- any toppings you would like [I used Alpro strawberry yogurt & cinnamon]
- Add coconut oil to a skillet and heat over a medium-low heat.
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, add the oats and spices mix these dry ingredients together.
- Add the maple syrup and plant milk to the bowl, then whisk all these ingredients together to form a pancake batter.
- Add 1/4 cup of this batter to the skillet and cook until bubbly on top then flip and cook for a further minute or two until golden. (recipe makes 6 to 8 pancakes)
Enjoy and Remember Stay Green!