Hooba is a brand-new product produced by Hooba Foods in Darlington, UK. Hooba Foods produce a range of vegan and 50/50 (meat and mushroom) products, including sausage, sausage rolls, mince, burgers and meatballs.
- Hooba is the brainchild of ‘Mushroom Mike’ – a South African mushroom farmer who moved to Morpeth, Northumberland in 2008 with his English wife. There is nothing Mike Botha doesn’t know about the wonderful world of mushrooms and he gets very excited when talking about the ‘perfect blend’.
- Hooba Foods has set up a not-for-profit Community Interest Company which has teamed up with the YMCA to run a project working with young people in Newcastle-upon-Tyne to grow mushrooms. The mushroom stalks are used to make Hooba products and the caps are sold by the YMCA to create a revenue stream for the charity. It is hoped that the model can be rolled out across the UK.
- Did you know, Hooba (or ‘Huba’) actually means ‘mushroom’ in Slovakian!
- For more information please visit www.hoobafoods.com
Hooba sausage, lettuce and tomato Sarnie, as easy as it sounds.
Are you always peckish while you watch Saturday Kitchen? The Hooba SLT is perfect for a weekend brunch that won’t mean slaving away in the kitchen for hours. Hooba sausages are packed full of vitamins and minerals that will help fight the symptoms of one too many sherries on a Friday night too!
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- 2 x Hooba No Meat sausages
- 1 medium tomato
- 2-3 lettuce leaves
- Vegan spread
- Optional vegan mayo
- Fry, grill or bake the sausages until browned and piping hot in centre (about 15 minutes)
- Put together your sarnie… toast the bread, put your spread on the slices throw on the lettuce & tomato maybe even spread some egg-free mayo.
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe from the company Hooba Foods; it sounds delicious and I got to love a good sandwich recipe! Do check out this company’s meat free products made out of mushrooms! All healthy what’s not to love about that? www.hoobafoods.com
Get more recipes here: